Saturday, July 30, 2011

Brown Vase and Flowers

Here is my latest painting.  I decided to do a larger painting then I have been in the past (this one is 16x20) and I liked the grandeur that size adds to a painting so I'll be probably doing a few more larger paintings in the near future.  Overall I like but don't love this one.  It has some nice features and I love the background, but I'm still struggling with flowers and leaves so this one was definitely a learning exercise in both of those.  Since I've moved back to Provo and have been busier in the work and social aspects of life, its been hard to get in the same rhythm as I had before.  It seems like I'm not improving as rapidly as earlier.  I believe a lot of this is because I haven't been painting just about everyday.  So to try and get in a better routine, I'm going to try and do at least part of a painting five out of seven days a week.  Many of them will be small studies, but I hope that it helps me stay in a rhythm, though I'm not looking forward to using that much paint.  If there's one thing I hate about painting, its how expensive everything is, but nevertheless I love it too much to stop.  Here's the latest:
Oil on Panel
16x20

2 comments:

  1. Love the contrast of the bright flowers! Keep on painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks mother. I'll try to keep with it when school starts

    ReplyDelete