Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Watermelon, Plums, and a Black Vase Oil Painting

This was the week three painting from the online course I'm doing.  The focus was to work on keeping clean, vibrant colors.  I also had a personal goal to really work on the black vase in the back.  It fades into the background and so I wanted to get it a subtle but definite and finished look, and I feel like I got that relationship pretty well with it.  I love the little red reflective light spot on the right side of the vase.  This is one of my favorite paintings and was one of the most fun so far to paint.  Every new lesson is so exciting because I learn and improve so much with every one.  

  
Oil on Panel
9x12

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Dan, had some great instruction for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading.
    Cycling

    ReplyDelete