Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pear and Grapes Oil Painting

This oil painting was done a few weeks ago from a photo provided in week two of Daniel Edmondson's online workshop.  I tried to get a tighter look for this painting to see if that was a style I liked.  Turns out I prefer a more loose approach, but I still really enjoyed painting the pear and grapes.  My personal favorite part of the painting is the purple grapes to the right of the pear.  I struggled with them being to purple for a while, and then it hit me that the core of the grapes was actually red.  So I put a little red in the darker areas and like that they were perfect.  Pears are fun to paint because they can be such a range of colors from green to red and brown to yellow.  Its really up to the artist to determine which colors they want in it.  So enough rambling, here's the picture:

Oil on Panel
8x10

No comments:

Post a Comment