Monday, July 11, 2011

Learning Curves and Identity

I figure just about all artists consider themselves to still be learning, and its true you never stop learning, but there is just so many skills and so much knowledge that is learned when you first start.  I've been painting with oils for about a year and a half now, but it is only recently that I began receiving real instruction.  The amount I have learned in the last three weeks is phenomenal.  This is largely due to the extremely well done online workshop by Daniel Edmondson (Check out his great work here).  I'm still searching for my identity with my paintings, not shocking for a 21 year old, and this journey of discovery has been so fun.  I've finally gotten to a point where I'm comfortable and excited to show off some of my paintings, hence this blog.  I love painting, and I hope that you see that in my paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment